Saturday, April 9, 2011

FOOD!!!

Okay, so our doc gave us the go ahead to start rice cereal when Harper turned 4 months.  We were excited to start with real food! We thought Harper would be too.  But, alas, she had no desire to eat "real" food.  This is what we've had to deal with for the past few months:


1st rice cereal attempt, 4 months


One month later, she's still grossed out.

Introducing peas!


Yuck!


Yea! Dinnertime is over :)


Oatmeal??? Really guys, this stuff tastes like cardboard!

I have been racking my brain trying to figure out how to get Harper on board with eating.  She didn't even like applesauce! What kid doesn't like applesauce?!?  So I was reading up on ways to get stubborn babies to eat, and one way was feeding them using your finger.  Another way is letting them be in charge of eating.  We tried both, and she actually doesn't turn away in disgust and start crying.  She doesn't eat a lot, but at least she's trying.  Let's hope this pickiness doesn't last!


Hmmm....your finger tastes good Momma!

Gimme some more of that yummy oatmeal!


We upgraded Harps to her new highchair

Give me that spoon!!

I like carrots! And I like to make a mess in my new highchair!


1 comment: