Well, tomorrow I officially go back to work. I can not believe how quickly this summer went. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was packing our bags for Alaska. For the past few days I have been so sad at the thought of going back to work. It's not that I don't enjoy working, I am actually really excited to start this new chapter in my career as a diagnostician. I think the reason I am so sad is that I will be missing my Harper girl soooo much!
This summer has been beyond amazing with her. She finally began walking in June! I wasn't sure when she would reach that milestone and I am beyond blessed that we were there every step of the way to watch her go from toddling to dancing around like most two year olds do. And everyday she is picking up new words and stringing together little sentences. She is a sponge! I really have to watch what I say around her. She is just at such a fun and inquisitive stage right now, and the thought of missing even one second is excruciatingly hard for me to fathom. Ah, the life of a working parent! I know once I start back to work I will feel better and easing back in to the routine (which we all NEED) will be good. Matt and I really have it so good too. We are so fortunate to be on the same schedule and have SO much time off to be together with our girl. I need to remind myself of that often! But right now I am sad. I just needed to get that out. Whew! I already feel better. Here's to a new school year! Cheers!
I completely understand where you're coming from. I often remind myself that working just helps every moment together even sweeter.
ReplyDelete